Monday, September 7, 2009

low is a height...

I've recently (in the past 3 weeks) come to LOVE LOVE LOVE the television show 'Bones'. It's seriously one of the greatest tv shows I've ever watched. It's a crime-scene nerd show that's not depressing or scary like some of the other crime-scene dramas we've seen (the three Law & Orders, all the CSI's, you get the picture). Plus, it's funny! David Boreanaz plays FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth (btw, he's HOT) and Emily Deschanel plays Dr. Temperance 'Bones' Brennan, a forensic anthropologist who assists Booth in solving crimes using her team of people that all have distinct talents. The show has a great chemistry and the cast know how to interact and make it funny, but still tell a story that keeps you interested.

Anyway, so I basically spent all of Labor Day weekend watching Season 4 (the season that just ended May 2009) and I CANNOT wait until Season 5 premieres next week!! I'm interested to see what happens. Before I started watching Season 4, I had ordered all of Season 3 on Netflix and I finished those last Thursday and there's this one song in the episode called 'The Knight on the Grid' and I've just been listening to it over and over and over again. It's such a good, 'chill' song. You know? It's called 'Low is a Height' (<--that's the video) and it's by Great Northern.
If you're like me, you have a song that once you find it, you absolutely love it, and listen to it over and over again. The song just speaks to you in a way and you just...love it! I don't really 'get' what the song means. I'm not good with things like that. I've posted the lyrics below, and while I may not get it, I could just listen to it on repeat for a long time I'm sure. It's kind of melancholy, but I don't care. I wish I could express how much I like this song, is that point coming across? I really really like it!

So...I just felt like sharing this great song that I love love love! :)


"Low Is A Height"
Drink to the sun
We write to millions
You kill everyone
Around you
Save yourself from...
From the ground you break
And the lives you take

I lock the door
Spinning the dust...
In a room
Still like the sun
around you
Don't like the space of
All our space of
And you're just become a word...


I hope everyone had a great weekend!! I really did absolutely nothing besides watch Bones. I just cleaned the kitchen and living room up so at least I did something semi-productive. I need to start packing up...blah! I hate packing, but my lease ends in 3 weeks! Wish me luck!


Go listen to the song!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck ma'am!!!

    ...and I love getting hooked on new shows! I haven't seen Bones, but I'll have to check it out. I love crime-scene shows, so I'm sure I'll fall in love too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails