Monday, July 26, 2010

the one with way too many things going on.

This is going to be short because I MUST go to Wal-Mart and clean my house before 12 women invade it for Bible study tomorrow night. The best way I know to keep it short? Bullets. But not the shoot from a gun kind...

- AW's visit last week was absolutely fantastical and full of fun times. I'll recap more when I'm not hurried but here's an actual conversation between AW and Leah (my oldest sister, AW's aunt).

Anna : I like my hair straight.
Leah : Really?!?! I love your hair curly.
Anna : Well I don't.
Leah : Really?!?!
Anna : And...I don't like it blonde.
Leah : What?!?! That's just crazy.
Anna : I know...I am a little crazy.

I'm sorry...if you aren't laughing by the end of that...you have no sense of humor whatsoever.

- Vacation Bible School wiped me SLAP. DAB. OUT. I can't remember if I've told you but I had the 1st and 2nd graders and they are CUH-RAZY. In a completely normal way of course. :) Anyway, we do this thing called the penny parade and you're supposed to bring just pennies. Sarah and Margaret were the penny parade 'projects' and those kids raised over $1,700 in pennies in 4 nights. Is that not unbelievable?

In case you aren't sure, the answer is yes. It's quite unbelievable. Only God.

I put together a PowerPoint for the closing program and, not to brag or anything but it was the BEST VBS CLOSING PROGRAM POWERPOINT IN THE HISTORY OF MY CHURCH. That's a church member's description, not mine. Who am I to disagree?? ;) As soon as I figure out how to convert PP into a video...I'll share this piece of cinematic magic with you.

- I stopped by Mama and Daddy's to see Hadley, the other cutest niece on the planet and, to perhaps pick up something to eat because I didn't want to go to Wal-Mart hungry...the outcome is no bueno when I do that. And Mama had a surprise waiting on me! A couple of weeks ago my mom had asked Sarah and me to pick something out of this catalog that we like and I picked out this beach bag. It's way cute.



If you're thinking it's not cute...you have no sense of style. Plus, it's way cuter in person.
Anyway, so...I had picked the beach bag above out already and I couldn't limit my choices to just one, I needed backups. Obviously. So, I picked out these other fabulous bags and Mama said I have something else for you, but it's a birthday present. Y'all, my birthday isn't for another 4 months!!!! And she said, well, you can have it now, but you won't get anything for your birthday. I told her I'd take it now. (I'm sneaky and thinking maybe she'll forget that she already gave me a birthday present by the time December rolls around. ) Don't remind her. SO...I opened my eyes and Voila, there was the CUTEST little purse in her hands that I had forgotten I picked out!

Again...it's way cuter in person and I absolutely LOVE it. I'm transferring stuff out of my old purse before I go to Wal-Mart. UGH. Ridiculous amounts of cute.

The ONLY downside is the straps aren't very long so it's not an over-the-shoulder bag. Boo. But, I will sacrifice ease of use for cute things. I can be bought that way.

- I was sitting at lunch today and this cute boy at the table next to me was making eyes at me and flirting with me. His name was Jacoby but everyone that knows him calls him Coby. I really think we could have made something work.

If only he weren't 17 months old.

:)

- You know how I told you about that Brooke Fraser CD that I can't stop listening to? I seriously 'listened' to the YouTube video for 'Deciphering Me' while at work at least 20 times last week. Enjoy.



- I love Bones. If you've been around for any period of time, you know that. Enjoy the reel from ComicCon held last week. I can't get the video to embed right. BOO. Click over and watch it!

I cannot wait for September 17th.

- Lastly...the sister leaves a month from today. What a sad way to end a post. I'm getting better at dealing with this. God's doing and acting in immeasurably bigger ways than I could convey.

Toodles y'all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails