Well...as you can tell from the long gaps between posts - I haven't blogged lately. I've just been so busy that I don't seem to have the time.
that's not the complete truth.
The complete truth is I've had time (particularly on Saturday and Sunday afternoons) but have just told myself, "It can wait."
On a somewhat related side-note, I woke up at 2:30 this morning, thinking it was 5:30 or 6...it wasn't. And had some great ideas on just exactly how I wanted to word this post. Now...all those great ideas are something that I remembered at 2:30 in the morning and not when it came time to type. Score 1 for the people that keep a notepad on their nightstand to jot down dreams. WHICH reminds me of this crazy dream I had Saturday night involving my brother, Michael Phelps, two alligators and two whales in a swim meet.
Yes...remind me never to eat a pack of Swiss rolls (even though they're delicious) right before bed.
Anyway, so...what was I saying...not having time! Well, my friend Margaret and I went to dinner for Valentine's because neither of us had valentines...so we were each others (we're sweet like that.) And I was talking about how I just haven't really had the 'urge' to blog. It's not like I couldn't find something to say, but there wasn't anything that really needed to be said. You know? So I was thinking it over and praying about it and starting in approximately 20 minutes (about how long I think it will take to finish this post) I will be taking a sabbatical (defined as a rest from work, or a hiatus, often lasting from two months to a year) from blogging.
That's right...hold back your tears. Please. Really. Don't cry on account of me. It makes me feel bad.
I'll still be reading people's blogs (and I'm going to include my favorites below so you can read some fun/awesome talented bloggers instead of the junk I write during this hiatus). Because...'ello?!? I couldn't give up the blog world completely. That's like asking me to give up breathing or something equally as important.
I think that's part of it. These people I'm going to link you up to? They're GREAT. And they have time to write (they'd probably laugh at that statement if they actually read my blog...but I'm pretty sure they don't) and they're funny and Godly and can say things in ways that I would never have ever in a million bajillion years thought of to say.
While I'm not knocking anyone that does this...I don't want to just be filling up the universe with more useless non-sense. I want my words to matter. And if I don't think what I'm writing about really matters, then why should I think that it matters to you? Really...I mean...did you read about the Swiss roll induced dream up there? That does not matter to you!
This is not a plea for encouragement. It's a statement of how I feel. And I think God's given me this feeling...because really, I have prayed about it and felt like this is where He is leading me.
Who knows how long it'll be before I pick back up blogging. It may be a couple of months, it may be a year. But for now...this is it. It's like Michael Jackson or something. Ha, get it? This is it? Isn't that the name of that movie??? Okay...stopping now. Sorry I never got pictures of the nieces' visit up.
For now, please, visit these people's blogs and comment and give THEM some through-the-computer encouragement. Just in case you have forgotten, Believers are called to encourage others.
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11
Now - a list of bloggers that I read every post they write. And laugh. Or cry. Or laugh TIL I cry. Or am encouraged. You name it! :)
- Annie Blogs - Y'all. She's HILARIOUS. And has taught me how to fold a fitted sheet...among many other amazing things. Seriously. For realz (as she says). Hit her up.
- Big Mama - Y'all. She's HILARIOUS. I realize I just wrote the same thing twice. That's how serious I was. I'm sure any mother with kids can relate to some of her stories. And what makes it even greater is I'm not a mother with kids or otherwise, and she still makes me laugh. :)
- Bring the Rain - Angie Smith, who's husband Todd Smith, is the lead singer for the group Selah is behind this blog. She has a heartbreaking story about their daughter, Audrey Caroline, who was born, lived 2 1/2 hours and then passed away. I sat there and read the story for 3 hours one night and cried and cried and cried. Yet...was encouraged at the same time. Read. Her. Do it.
- (In)courage - This is a wonderfully awesome magnificent great encouraging site for women. It's an off-shooot of Dayspring (you know, the people that make cards?) and every time I've left their site I come away having learned something. Like the Friday before Valentine's Day? Husbands (and not just husbands, men in general for those of us that are single) would probably like to hear they're respected rather than hearing they're loved. Because, if you think about it, you can love someone all you want but if you don't respect them...what sense does it make? Anyway, they said it way better than that right there. And there are funny things to. But y'all...women need a site like this and I'm so glad I found it. Both Angie and Annie (mentioned above) are contributing bloggers to (in)courage. READ. IT.
- Living Proof Ministries - Beth Moore. Enough said.
P.S. They're going through a discussion of her new book, 'So Long Insecurity' and it is awesomeness.
- Stuff Christians Like - Because he'll make you laugh. Except for on Serious Wednesdays and then he'll make think before you laugh. :)
If you didn't make the list of people I listed above...don't be upset. Check out the 'My Favorites' to the right of what you're reading (right over there -->). Those are some of my other favorites.
Y'all. It's been real. It's been fun. It's been real fun. But the time has come.
I hope you've found some encouragement, or a laugh through what I've blogged in the past. I know I enjoyed typing it. :)
Until we meet again, God bless!
P.P.S That took way longer than 20 minutes! ;)