Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Christmas...in June.

For those of you who don't know, I'm an auditor. (Scary, heh?) So, in the world of auditing, the summer can be pretty slow, which is why I'm blogging at 4:30 in the afternoon. But, I digress. This afternoon I was helping someone organize their file folders and decided I was going to listen to some music while I stuck labels on tabs.

It started out normal enough, I started off with the soundtrack to The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. After listening to that, I determined that I don't do well with instrumental music (read--I almost fell asleep). Then it was on to John Mayer's Continuum. Great album, the need for sleep lessened and I was still going at it with the labels. At this point you're probably wondering why it was taking me so long since I had been able to listen to 2 CDs. Well...there were a lot of file folders.

Well, after Mr. Mayer finished crooning it was on to MercyMe's The Christmas Sessions. This has to be one of my all-time favorite Christmas CDs. If you haven't listened to it, I encourage you to go out right now and buy it. If you're disappointed....don't tell me. You might have trouble finding it considering it is a Christmas CD and...it's June, but don't let that stop you! As I'm listening to the songs I'm thinking, this is somewhat strange, me listening to Christmas music in June, but then I realized I needed it. I needed the reminder to be thankful for God sending His son. So often we think 'Oh, Christmas, now we can celebrate Christ's coming.' but that's not how it works. We should be celebrating it all the time!

So that's the story, I listened to my Christmas music in the middle of June and was blessed because of it. That being said...

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails