Saturday, October 22, 2011

everyone needs to just calm down.

And by everyone, I mean me.

I signed up last Thursday to take the Praxis II: Mathematics Content Knowledge test. Which was, coincidentally, the deadline to take the test on November 12th. Monday, this Facebook status conveyed how I was feeling about it.


I don't know why, but I didn't read in my devotional book that day. I think I was a day behind, so, I actually read Sunday's on Monday. I was sitting in my planning period Tuesday looking at Monday's devo and it's exactly what I NEEDED to read.
"Anxiety is a result of envisioning the future without Me. So the best defense against worry is staying in communication with Me. When you turn your thoughts toward Me, you can think much more positively. Remember to listen, as well as to speak, making your thoughts a dialogue with Me. 


If you must consider upcoming events, follow these rules: 1) Do not linger in the future, because anxieties sprout up like mushrooms when you wander there. 2) Remember he promise of My continual Presence; include Me in any imagery that comes to mind. This mental discipline does not come easily, because you are accustomed to being god of your fantasies. However, the reality of My Presence with you, now and forevermore, outshines any fantasy you could ever imagine. "

Luke 12:22-26; Ephesians 3:20-21
- Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

I  don't know. Maybe that's exactly what you needed to read today. Maybe it was just my job to share.

Are you envisioning your future without Him? I know He is with me on any given day. But somehow I forget that He's with me every. day. I peek into the future and start to hyperventilate because I don't see Him there. Probably because I have bad eyesight.

There's a version of Psalm 139:5 that says, "You hem me in, behind and before."

He's there. Even if we can't see him.

Walking with us from where we've been, to where we are, to where we're going.

So breathe deep, friend. And calm down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails