Tuesday, January 5, 2010

what's in a name?

I was asked by my sweet sister the other day why my blog address was reb2911. And, I figured some of you might be wondering the same thing (or not, but, just appease me on this one, k?). I'm not the most creative person, although I try, but...it's just not there like some people have it. I've always been jealous of those types (you know, the ones who take some paint, popsicle sticks and tape and make something gorgeous?!? we all know them, my friend Adrienne, is just one of the many that come to mind.) Well..yeah, I'm not one of them. And I'm okay with that! Really!

Anyway, I've gotten off topic, well, being my non-creative self, I shortened Rebekah (reb) and thought of one of my favorite verses (Jeremiah 29:11). So...there you have it - reb2911. The 'reb' part is easy, but accepting the truth of that verse is a lot harder.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

It's a struggle every day to remember that God has plans for me...and they are way better than the plans I have for myself. It's coming to the end of myself every day and choosing to accept God's way rather than my own. I'm imperfect and mostly, fail miserably, but I try anyway. God's really shown me that the past couple of days, how I just need to take hold of His hand and follow Him every day, surrendering myself to His plans and His hope for me. I'm trying harder now than I've ever tried before and trying, not in my own strength, but His.

Because He's better than I could ever hope or dream to be.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I LOVE this verse!! My mom just bought me a necklace charm that is silver with the words "I KNOW" on one side and Jer. 29:11 on the other...I love it!!! and I love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually - I have wondered why it was reb2911! So there you go! Thanks for explaining!! :-)

    And girl you are so right! It is easy to know the verse, but much harder to claim the verse and trust in the promise!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails