Monday, September 19, 2011

beautiful things

I am so beyond excited that I can finally share with you my creative genius project that I've been working on for the past few weeks and had in my head for a month!

At our church we have a program called GMAs, which stands for Girls Missionary Auxiliary. They study missions/the Bible/lots of other things I don't know over the course of a year and complete a "step". At the end of each year they are part of a coronation where their hard work is recognized. Well, almost two months ago, one of the leaders asked if I would help out with organizing the coronation and said the girls were thinking of going one direction because they wanted to sing this song.

The song was great. I loved the song. But, I just wasn't sure it was they way to go. So I prayed about it, and prayed about it, and one Monday morning about 3 a.m. I woke up and KNEW we were supposed to have the theme "Beautiful Things" {based on this song P.S. They have an album coming out Tuesday and WOOT,  I am so excited.} and I was supposed to create this video.

It consists of 345 pictures shot over the course of about 4 hours over 2 afternoons. It was my first time to use a MacBook Pro and I TOTALLY COVETED OUR YOUTH PASTOR'S COMPUTER. Forgive me. I created it in iMovie kinda using these instructions to understand what to do {WARNING: I wouldn't recommend watching any of the videos in that link, because...you'll see some things you probably don't want to see. Except the sock movie. You can watch the sock movie.  I say this from experience. :-/} and this video about using iMovie 2011 {that of course I can't find right now} to help me actually get it done.

I really want to stress that it is ONLY by the grace of God that this got done. It never ceases to amaze me how He equips His children with the tools to get done what He wants to get done. I read some dialogue while the video was playing, that of course was timed to turn this thing into a cinematic masterpiece. You can read it below the video.

Hope you enjoy!



God plants a seed in all of our hearts. 

A seed that yearns to know the One that planted it. 

He waters that seed with Truth and Mercy. Grace and Love. 

His Word says that eternal life is knowing Him, the only true God, and knowing Jesus Christ who He sent.  (John 17:3)

He makes everything beautiful in its time.

The more we begin to know Him. The more His life begins to bleeds into ours.  His desires become our desires. The seed has grown into a life that loves Him and His ways.  Our actions start to reflect the capital S-O-N.  We seek the things that are true. Noble. Right. Pure. Lovely. Admirable. Excellent. Praiseworthy. The things that are above.  Those things that are eternal. 

And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image. His image. Making all of us into beautiful things. 


P.P.S.  I absolutely love these girls. 

P.P.P.S. That's my nephew watering the plants in the video. He helped me unfurl the flowers and move the stems and plant the seeds and was a good sport for all of it. He was also the only other family member that understood where I was trying to go with this. That's only one reason of the bajillion why I love him. 

P.P.P.P.S. The idea for "watering" the plants and that effect comes from Toya. She showed me a flower her daughter had made months ago and when I woke up that Monday morning with the idea...I knew I had to use it. 
The end. For real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails