Friday, September 16, 2011

lessons learned {from a preschool field trip}

I went to the Heritage Museum/Pioneer Days as a 'chaperone' with about 35-40 three and four year olds yesterday.

My life has been changed. Here's proof.


That is a 100 lb. catfish that was caught in New Albany. Didn't know they could get that big.  Interesting. That's also a fox. It kind of looks like the catfish is chasing the fox. Anyone else think that's funny? No? Just me?



I've heard of dulcimers before but don't think I had ever seen one up close and in person. I like the hearts. :)

One of my favorite movies EVER is Reality Bites. My sisters and I quote it often. In the last scene of the movie Troy is strumming a guitar singing this song that I honestly always thought, the words were made up to. I realize now it was probably a salute to pop culture that I never understood.


Y'all. IT'S A REAL SONG. "Froggy Went A-Courtin'." Why did I not know this?


 4 yr. olds don't really like to stand still for pictures.  You'd think I had known that. Evidently I have forgotten in the past month? This was also my first experience on a train. 



This picture is mostly just for my nephew. His Accelerated English teacher gives students nicknames. Scott's nickname is the Frenchman. :) Leah thought it said henchman. I don't know about you but Henchman's Bend is not a place I'd like to visit. 


It's a LLAMA!!! I never understood people's fascination or love for these things until I experienced one first hand. They're just so adorable! 

One of the local high school's Spanish Club has t-shirts that say "Como Se" and then a picture of a llama. 

You know, because the double ll in Spanish is pronounced "ya"? And that means "what's your name?" or something like that.

I think it's one of the wittiest things ever. This probably makes me a nerd. 

I think this post also goes to show that I have led a very sheltered life. 
Never been on a train? 
Never seen a llama?
This easily entertained? 

:)

Happy Friday y'all!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails