Friday, January 28, 2011

Five Minute Friday - The Women

**This is a post to link up at The Gypsy Mama's for 5 Minute Friday.  Lunch break was a perfect time.  Especially after having been given the prompt - The Women. :) Enjoy! **


We gather to celebrate a dear friend's 40th birthday.  She had no idea it was happening.  Her husband leading her blindfolded out into a cabin at a state park with the late March breeze blowing over the lake.  The smell of boiled shrimp is in the air.  Some of the men dumped the entire bottle of spice in there.  We were hardly able to eat it later but it didn't matter.


We sat around and I learned lessons from the women.  Those that have walked through marriage and kids and tough stuff longer than I have.  They share stories that have us laughing until we're in stitches. I wonder what I'll be like when I'm their age.

Then we eat caramel cake. And one opens 40th birthday gag gifts. We laugh some more at the cane. And at the Depends.

This is friendship with the women. I'm so thankful.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails