Tuesday, January 4, 2011

my heart hurts.

There's a person so special to me that is hurt very deeply.
A hurt that I imagine goes back almost 15 years.

That's a deep deep hurt that's been carried for a long long time.
I wonder if this person will ever let go of that hurt and bitterness and live life the way it's meant to be lived.

Christ doesn't want them carrying around that hurt. That's not the reason He came. So that we'd drag our luggages full of hurt, day in and day out? The luggage so old the latch has broken. The dirty clothes are strewn about everywhere. The mess slowly becomes bigger. So big, it looks as if there's no hope for the traveler.

Then I remember that Christ is the best mess cleaner-upper. The best deep hurt healer. The best. Period. He is it.

And I pray that they let Him clean up the mess. That His love compels them to give that luggage to Him and say "Here. Fix it. You're the only one that can."

And I try to wait patiently for that day. Praying to that end. Remembering that no one is ever too far gone for God's love. No one. Not ever.

"I would have lost heart, unless I had believed I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart. Wait, I say on the LORD!" - Psalm 27:13-14

1 comment:

  1. My heart hurts for yours, friend. Praying with you & loving the Psalm you quoted. There is HOPE!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails