Tuesday, August 30, 2011

some things i didn't write

I shared some words back in November that I didn't write and what's funny is that two of the people on that list are on this list today.

1. I shared a few weeks ago how I couldn't get this song and these words out of my head. Ann's words and the video in this post. Just...yes. We are blessed so we can bless. We are loved by God so that we can be His love.

2. Angie's post over at (in)courage on not being Moses. I think this kind of goes along with this post from 2 months ago. It is still stuck in my head that there is no competition when it comes to God's Kingdom. We. I. so often pretend like there is. I used to really struggle {and still sometimes do} with being a missionary's sister. And if it wasn't that, it was being the "most hip" female youth worker. {We all know, that I never will be, but, I aspired...} ;) God made me. Me. Not Sarah. Not one of countless women I call my friends. Me. And if I can't be me and serve Him the way He made me? Then, that's pretty lame. I am a missionary. Whether it says that on my business card or not. Not that I think Sarah has business cards. But you know what I mean. It's just...convicting all over again. Go read it.

3. Annie's vlog about the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. It may seem all fun and games but the last minute or so...yowsa. "God tells way bigger stories than we do." and "What I would have written for myself is far inferior to what has been written for me."

Mind.

Blown.

I think this really struck me for two particular reasons.
{a} Obviously...there's the whole job thing. Do I really need to explain that one?

{b} Some friends of mine had a sweet baby last Thursday. Life doesn't always go the way we thought it would and I know Jordan and Marty weren't necessarily expecting Morgan to be born with all the difficulties that she has been born with. But to know that God knows way more than we do. And He always writes the best stories. This tiny girl is going to change some people's worlds. I'm pretty sure she already has. In ways that we can't even imagine. I immediately thought of this verse:

God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us. - Eph. 3:20, The Message
 We have a choice. To believe that God is telling that bigger story, or...not. What will we choose to believe? 

For updates on precious Morgan Noelle you can check out their blog, this Facebook page that was set up, or follow Jordan and Marty on Twitter. (or the hashtag #PrayForMorgan).

Go.

Read.

Or watch. :)

Take it to heart.

Happy Tuesday, y'all.

P.S. If you can pray for me some sleep? It's 5:04 a.m. and I've yet to be asleep. :( Booooooooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails