Thursday, August 13, 2009

it's all about the benjamins...

Hooray! Somewhere between Wednesday night and Thursday afternoon, we hit 100 views of the blog!! Now, you may think that's nothing, but I personally like to celebrate the small victories. Albeit...I'd say 20 of those visits were by me, but hey...you get the excitement. When deciding to blog about 100 hits it made me think about other times that I got excited about the number 100. The only real time I can remember was 1st grade.

It was then that we got to celebrate the 100th day of school by having a day all about the number 100. Do you remember those days? I thought it was the happiest day on earth at the time, just because I didn't have to do any school work. The only thing that could rival the 100th day of school was Field Day. Oh yes...what marvelous-ness (I'm pretty sure that's not a word). Anyway, I don't remember a whole lot about that day considering it was almost 19 years ago, but I do remember it being wonderful and there were lots of activities involving 100 garbage bags, 100 pennies (wow...I got excited about a $1?), 100 inflatable balls and 100...cupcakes!!!

Have I mentioned that I love cupcakes? I thought the picture above was quite appropriate given my love for cupcakes. They're just so...delicious! I can't even explain it. I think when I get married the wedding cake will be a made up of cupcakes. Mary Neal had a monstrous cupcake for her first birthday (pictured below) and I thought it was beyond cool! Even though I only saw pictures of it. I've totally seen the pan for making that cupcake...cake, in the SkyMall magazine! Maybe I'll buy it.

yummy!!

Anyway...there's not much else to say except the number 100 is a big accomplishment for me and at this rate, maybe we'll make it to 1,000 soon! Now that I think about it...I only remember celebrating the 100th day of school in 1st grade. What's that about?

On totally unrelated notes, congratulations to my friends Chris and Dana Adams on the birth of their 3rd little (albeit unexpected) bundle of joy--a 7 lb. 8 oz, 19 inch little boy!! AND, my friends Jason and Betsy Baldwin for finding out last night that they're expecting a boy in January! Yay for babies! :)

I have to go scrounge up something for dinner now. If you think I'm funny you should pass my blog link along to your friends so they can laugh too. Oh, and please comment! I love comments. They make me happy!

Peace, love and cupcakes! :)

5 comments:

  1. my sis in law made that cupcake cake! :)

    thanks for posting on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my sis-in-law's aunt made that cake for my niece. Did your sis-in-law get the pan from SkyMall? I'm not kidding, I'm pretty sure I've seen it there before!

    And you're totally welcome for posting! Thank you for posting on my blog! I thought, hooray for comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...evidently Target sells it!

    http://www.target.com/Wilton-Giant-Cupcake-Cast-Pan/dp/B0010T3020/sr=1-1/qid=1250235815/ref=sr_1_1/186-6867113-3253413?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&rh=k%3Acupcake%5Fbirthday%5Fpan&page=1

    Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I'm going to stop after this, but this is where I saw it in SkyMall

    http://www.skymall.com/shopping/detail.htm?pid=102715151&c=10475

    I have the memory of an elephant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on 100 views! By the way, you have a gorgeous blog. Love the bold colors and the ribbons with buttons!

    That is quite a cupcake cake! I've never seen one like that, but it sure looks yummy. If you like cupcakes you'll probably like this post: http://inpassionatepursuit.blogspot.com/2009/08/creative-diy-ideas-for-wedding-cupcake.html

    Your first grade teacher sounds wonderful, like a real teacher that makes learning fun. I'll tuck that 100 days idea in the back of my mind for future reference.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on Mr.Darcy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails